This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This quick and easy Stromboli gets loaded with Italian salami, pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese. It’s so simple and delicious, you will want to make it again and again!
Homemade Stromboli Recipe
This Stromboli recipe couldn’t be easier to make. It comes together in about 10 minutes and only takes 15 minutes to bake! I used a refrigerated pizza crust to save on time. You can always customize the ingredients to your family’s tastes. But the Italian salami, pepperoni, and cheese combo was delicious!
If you’ve never had it before, you could say Stromboli is a different take on a calzone. While a calzone is stuffed inside of pizza dough, Stromboli’s ingredients are rolled in it. You’re going to love all of the layers of flavor! I like to cut into it while it’s still warm, this way the cheese is nice and melty on the inside. SO delicious!
This stromboli is such a great choice for dinner because it uses so many simple ingredients. Feel free to switch out toppings depending on your personal preference and what you have in the fridge!
- Refrigerated Pizza Dough: I used Pillsbury thin crust. You can also use homemade dough if you’re up for the challenge!
- Pizza Sauce: Use your favorite premade brand or make your own.
- Italian Salami: Always one of my favorites to add to pizzas, calzones, stromboli, you name it! It’s just so rich and savory.
- Pepperoni: Thinly sliced is best. You can use full-size or mini pepperoni, it’s up to you!
- Mozzarella Cheese: Use freshly-grated if you can. It melts better than pre-shredded cheese.
- Egg: Whisk together and spread over the outside of the pizza dough. It will give your Stromboli the perfect golden brown color.
- Italian Seasoning: Sprinkled on the outside of the stromboli for extra flavor.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Added on top of the Stromboli for a crispy, cheesy crust.
- Parsley: Freshly chopped for garnish.
How to Make the BEST Stromboli
Seriously, you guys, it’s the best. This stromboli is so quick and easy to make, which is great because my kids ask for it all the time! Only a few minutes of prep, adding your favorite toppings, and then it’s off to the oven!
- Preheat Oven, Prepare Pan: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Stretch Dough, Add Sauce: Roll the dough out and then stretch it out on the prepared baking sheet pan. Spread the pizza sauce onto the dough leaving about 2 inches from the edge.
- Add Toppings: Top with Italian salami, then the cheese, and end with pepperoni slices.
- Roll Up: Roll up the dough like a cinnamon roll and pinch the edges to seal and fold where the seam is. Then lay the stromboli seam side down.
- Add Egg Wash: Brush with the beaten egg and cut small slats across the top.
- Top With Cheese Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and grated parmesan cheese on top of the stromboli.
- Bake: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Then slice and serve with warm pizza sauce or marinara.
Check Oven Temperature
If your Stromboli burns before the inside is baked, your oven may run hot! Be sure to bake stromboli in the lower half of the oven for best results.
More Delicious Toppings
Just like when you make homemade pizza, the fun is in all of the toppings! Here are a few more ideas for you. Customize your Stromboli to your heart’s content!
- Vegetables: Mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and black olives are great fillers and have amazing texture!
- Meat: Pepperoni, bacon, Canadian bacon or sausage are other tasty meat variations to try.
- Cheese: Mozzarella, fontina, gouda, asiago, provolone or gruyere are all perfect for melting. You can even use a blend of a few of your favorites!
- Dough: Fresh, refrigerated, and frozen dough all work great for this stromboli recipe!
How Long Does Stromboli Last?
With how tasty this stromboli is (and how ravenous my kids are) leftovers are rarity at my house! If you’re lucky enough to have some, here’s how to store them for later. Leftover stromboli is super easy to reheat and makes for a quick and easy lunch.
- In the Refrigerator: Store stromboli in an airtight container or sealable bag for up to 4 days.
- In the Microwave: Heat for 30-second intervals until warmed through.
- In the Oven: On a baking sheet, warm your stromboli for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Over the Stove: Cook each side of your stromboli over medium-low to medium heat until warmed through.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Quick and Easy Stromboli
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out and stretch it out on the prepared baking sheet pan. Spread the pizza sauce onto the dough leaving about 2 inches from the edge.
- Top with Italian salami, then the cheese, and end with pepperoni slices.
- Roll up the dough like a cinnamon roll and pinch the edges to seal and fold where the seam is. Lay the stromboli seam side down.
- Brush with the beaten egg and cut small slats across the top.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and grated parmesan cheese on top of the stromboli.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Slice and serve with warm pizza sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.