An Oven Baked Denver Omelet is a delicious omelet packed with ham, onions, peppers and cheese that you can throw into the oven in a moments notice! It is a hearty and satisfying family breakfast that everyone will go crazy over!
Freezer friendly breakfast meals are a must on busy mornings that still require warm nutritious meals. Try Breakfast Burritos or Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins for delicious and easy recipes everyone will enjoy.
Oven Baked Denver Omelet
Commonly known as a “Western Omelet” this Baked Denver Omelet is the BEST baked omelet recipe. It is filled with fresh ingredients like ham, fresh onion, green peppers and cheese and is ready in no time at all! Break out of a breakfast rut and try these warm, fluffy eggs fresh out of the oven. A large pan of these tasty and healthy eggs that are filled with ooey-gooey cheese will be an instant hit for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Whether you are baking them for your family or a brunch for a crowd, they are easy to prepare for a crowd. They are light and tasty but also filling and satisfying! No more standing over a skillet while you cook omelet after omelet for every member of your family. Simply whisk these ingredients together then bake. In less than 30 minutes you will have a warm and filling breakfast that everyone will love and enjoy together!
Denver Omelet Ingredients:
Just a few simple ingredients come together quickly and easily to make a fresh and satisfying breakfast for your entire family. These are staple ingredients are no-fuss and set up perfectly in your oven and become a light and fluffy omelet everyone will love!
- Eggs: Whisk together eggs with cream to make the perfect buttery and light egg.
- Half and half cream: Makes the eggs light and fluffy.
- Cheddar cheese: Freshly shredded cheese mixed in will add sharp, earthy flavor.
- Ham: Chopped and fully cooked deli ham adds the perfect salty taste.
- Onion: Adds a sweet bite of flavor!
- Green pepper: Mild and sweet flavor that adds color, flavor, and crunch.
Let’s Bake an Omelet!
All the flavors you love in an omelet are easy to put together and bake in less than 30 minutes! Just whisk together the ingredients and pour into a greased pan, then relax while your stress free breakfast bakes!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together eggs and cream. Add in cheese, ham, onion and green pepper.
- Bake: Pour into a greased 9×9 inch pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Variations of Denver Omelette:
This Baked Denver Omelet is packed with so many delicious ingredients my family loves like ham, onions, peppers, and gooey cheese. The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it so it is a huge hit with your family like it is with mine!
- Toppings: Pico de Gallo, Mango Lime Avocado Salsa, Salsa, sausage gravy, sour cream, or guacamole.
- Serve with: Hash browns, Sweet Potato Hash, bacon, fresh fruit, Biscuits and Gravy
- Additional fillings: Bacon, crumbled cheese such as feta or blue cheese, spinach, mushrooms, zucchini.
- Ingredient swaps: Use milk or heavy whipping cream instead of half and half.
- Pro Tip: Cook onion and peppers before adding them in to give them a slightly caramelized taste and reduce the moisture they will add to the egg.
- Seasoning: Add seasoning salt for and pepper to increase the flavor of this light and tasty baked omelet. Also try paprika, chili powder or red pepper flake if you like an extra punch of spice.
Can You Make a Baked Denver Omelet Ahead?
Yes! Make this Denver omelet ahead and store it until you are ready to serve. Let the omelet cool completely before covering it tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Freeze: Make ahead and freeze for 3-6 months without sacrificing flavor or quality.
- Refrigerate: Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- To thaw: Thaw in the refrigerator or place directly in the oven to heat.
- To re-heat: Microwave a slice of Denver omelet for 30 seconds at a time until it is heated throughout. Or place entire tray in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes or until warm throughout.
More Egg Breakfast Recipes:
- Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
- Southwest Sausage and Egg Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
- Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce
- Overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Baked Sausage, Spinach, and Eggs Breakfast Taquitos
Oven Baked Denver Omelet
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup ham chopped fully cooked
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup green pepper
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.