This recipe is so easy to throw into your slow cooker and the honey teriyaki flavor is our of this world! The chicken cooks to perfection and will be one of the best things that you will make!
My 7 year old is the pickiest eater that you will meet. We keep hoping that he will grow out of it, but he keeps getting older and still doesn’t like a lot of foods. We at least have him try a couple of bites of what we eat, but he usually gags it down. If you ask him what his favorite meal on the blog is, he will say this teriyaki chicken. And if he likes it I am convinced that the world will like it!
So I am sure that you can imagine how often this Teriyaki Chicken gets made in this house. But I am not complaining because it takes a matter of minutes to throw into the slow cooker and it is amazing. As I was making it the other day, I wondered how much better honey would make the recipe. This simple added ingredient took it to a whole different level.
Oh.my.gosh. I think this is the best thing that I have ever made in my slow cooker. The honey added some sweetness to the teriyaki and made it incredible. My favorite part of cooking this in the slow cooker is the chicken. It just shreds apart because it is so tender and melts in your mouth.
The honey teriyaki glaze is perfect on top of this tender chicken. The flavor is incredible. This meal is picky eater approved and I know it will be a meal that your family will love! You will make it again and again!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Optional garnish: green onions, sesame seeds
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place the chicken breasts in the bottom. In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, onion, garlic, pepper and ginger. Pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-5 or until chicken is cooked throughout and shreds easily. Once the chicken is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and shred on a plate.
- Pour the sauce into a medium sauce pan. In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk into the sauce on medium high heat. Continue to whisk and let it boil until the honey teriyaki sauce starts to thicken. About 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and pour the sauce on top stirring to coat. Serve over rice and garnish if desired.