Apple recipes are a MUST in our house during the fall! I absolutely love to incorporate apples into any recipe that I can. So crispy and delightful, apples take me back to my childhood and make me feel right at home!
I’ve been rounding up the BEST apple recipes to make me feel a little bit better about September sneaking up on me and it’s working! I am definitely getting in the mood for fall! To get a head start on your fall apple recipes, try stocking up by making this apple butter or this amazing homemade applesauce!
Apple Recipes for Every Meal
If you love apples, then you have come to the right place! Fall brings with it the crunchy leaves, the brisk fall air, and an abundance of apples! I have compiled a list of fantastic recipes that will keep you busy baking with apples all fall long. But, because they are all so different, you will never get sick of them! From drinks to desserts to some amazing salad recipes, this roundup post will keep your love for apples going strong.
Did you know that apples ripen 10 times faster at room temperature than if they were refrigerated? I will help you out with not only ways to cook up some great apples but some easy tips that will help you store them and keep them fresh for longer. Then you can take your time trying out as many of these tried and true recipes as possible! I love them all and know that you will be able to find some that fit you and your family just right. You won’t be able to stop coming back for more!
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Apples
Because apples are used in so many recipes, here are some quick tips on making them last longer. That way you can continue adding this delicious fruit to your meals and be confident that your apples are as fresh as can be!
- Storing apples: Make sure to always store your apples in the fridge! They ripen MUCH more quickly sitting out on your counter.
- Keep apples from going brown: If you want to keep sliced apples fresh, toss them in some lemon juice. This is a great way to help prevent them from going brown and looking fantastic and fresh in your salads.
- Keeping apples crispy: Store apples in the srisper drawer in your refrigerator or cover them with damp paper towls and put them in your fridge.
- Pick the perfect apple: sometimes, trying to pick out fresh fruit can be tricky! To pick out apples, make sure that they dont have any bruising. Make sure that the apple is firm to the touch when you pick it up!
- Different types of apples: To make sure that your apple dishes are turning out the best, its important to know which apples to use for different recipes! Golden Delicious and Rome apples are sweet and great for baking. Fuji and Honeycrisp apples are fantastic for snacking and salads. Granny smith is the best option when you are looking for something that is more tart!